This page is a work in progress. Stay tuned for updates!
Want to help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advance homeownership opportunities for lower-income households.
- Promote access to a range of safe, healthy, affordable housing options.
- Promote financial stability for individuals and families.
- Cultivate and preserve healthy and vibrant communities.
- Invest $200 million in the Housing Trust Fund in the 2017-18 biennium to address the growing need for homes affordable to low-income families and individuals.
- Renew and increase document recording fees to fight homelessness.
- Allow local governments the authority to enact up to 0.25% Real Estate Excise Tax for affordable housing.
- Enact legislation to protect renters from unfair source-of-income discrimination.
- Adopt a balanced and responsible budget that increases revenue and preserves vital human services.
Manuel, T. & Kendall-Taylor, N. (2016). You don’t have to live here: Why housing messages are backfiring and 10 things we can do about it. Link.