Volunteer in our Habitat Store
Our Habitat Store is looking for volunteers like you, volunteers are needed 7 days a week!
South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity of has two Stores. One located in West Olympia and the other in Yelm. Our Stores accept donations of new, used and surplus building supplies, appliances and other home improvement items for resale to the general public at 40-90% below retail prices. The proceeds benefit South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity. Volunteers will work with Store staff collecting and receiving donated materials, pricing and stocking items on the store floor, cleaning and organizing the store, and assisting customers in the store.
Volunteers for the Store must be at least 14 years old. Volunteers ages 14-15 must be accompanied by an adult and have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Volunteers ages 16 and 17 years old must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian but may volunteer on their own. All volunteers must complete an application prior to volunteering, click here to submit a volunteer application.
Ready to Volunteer? Email or call our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-956-3456 x 6 if you have any questions.
Join our team by:
- Sorting donations
- Organizing different departments
- Assisting and greeting customers
- Fixings donated items
- Unloading donation trucks
- Donation Pick up Assistant
- Volunteer Program Assistant
- Lunch Provider
- Helping out with general Maintenance
- Add to your resume, receive recommendation letters and job references
- Meet new people and network
- Obtain retail and non-profit experience
- Gain the satisfaction of providing a valuable service to your community
- Complete your community service requirement for graduation
- Complete court ordered community service requirement
- Help the environment through recycling & reducing items going to landfill
- Ongoing recognition and appreciation