Donate to our Stores
We accept a variety of new and reclaimed building materials as well as pre-owned furniture and appliances in good working condition. Below is a list of the most commonly donated items to our Stores. When you donate to our Stores, you are helping put a family into a home.
NOTE: OUR DONATION DROP OFF HOURS HAVE CHANGED
West Olympia Habitat Store – Daily from 12pm-6pm
Yelm Habitat Store- Tuesday-Sunday 9am-6pm
- Kitchen and laundry appliances that are 15 years old or newer, with the exception of Dishwashers and Water Heaters which need to be produced post-2013.
- Quality cabinets with solid wood or plywood fronts, doors and drawers; clean and complete, with doors and drawers attached.
- Doors in good, clean condition without damage
- Raised panel hollow core doors with frame.
Fasteners and hardware
- All varieties of metal fasteners and hardware, door knobs, hinges
- Cabinet pulls and knobs
- Carpet: unused, 100sq ft or larger
- Prefinished wood and laminate flooring. New, unopened and in the original box.
- Previously installed de-nailed wood flooring
- Clean, unstained area rugs
- Quality upholstered furniture without stains, odors, pet hair or scratches, excessive fading, sagging, rips or tears
- Solid wood furniture, no melamine or pressboard/particle board
- Ducting, flashing, insulation and vents, fireplace inserts, and furnaces. (*No wood-burning stoves)
- De-nailed quality lumber and siding in 6 foot lengths or longer
- Sheet goods, 1/2 sheet minimum.
- We currently do NOT accept paint from non-commercial donors. We do accept paint supplies such as brushes, pans, and drop-cloths.
- Steel, porcelain or cast iron sinks. No composite sinks
- Complete, clean and undamaged low flow toilets (1.6 gpf or smaller)
- Bathroom fixtures & hardware, with the exception of Faucets which need to be produced post-2013.
- Bathtubs – Any metal tub. Fiberglass never been installed.
Bathroom fixtures & hardware
- Bathtubs – Any metal tub also any brand new Fiberglass tub
- Roofing, shingles and tar paper
- New, unopened and in the original box.
Tools and equipment
- Hand and power tools with all parts in good working order. Must be drained of gas.
- Quality, good condition vinyl or wood windows, seals and flanges intact
- Shutters in good condition
Lawn and garden
- Bricks and pavers
- Fencing- chain link and de-nailed good condition wood
- Undamaged hoses and sprinklers
- Tools and lawn mowers in good working order, must be drained of gas.
Lighting and electrical
- Indoor and outdoor light fixtures
- New lightbulbs (non-fluorescent)
- Electrical supplies
How to Make Your Donation
Thank you so much for your support! Making a donation is easy! You may drop-off your donations at any of our locations listed on our contact us page or if it is more convenient we can come pick-up your donation for you.
FREE Donation Pick-up
Have an item that is just too big for you to bring it one of our donation centers? Don’t worry, we can still accept your donation, let us come to you and pick it up! Schedule your donation pick up online today or please give us a call at 360-956-3456 ext. 2.
Item not listed?
If you have a great donation that isn’t listed, but you would still like to donate it. Please give us a call at 360-956-3456 ext. 2.
Items we are unable to accept as donations
Please note: This list is not comprehensive, but includes the majority of items we are unable to accept. All donations must be inspected by Habitat Store Staff prior to approval.